Quadriceps, Psoas, Groin, Inner Thigh Stretch Exercises
Yoga Block Flexibility For Beginners 6/7
Yoga Block Flexibility For Beginners – 6|7: Quadriceps, psoas, groin, inner thigh
Quad, groin, and inner thigh tightness are common, especially if you’re seated at a computer all day. When you’re seated all day you’re quite literally training your quadriceps to remain in a shortened position.
This stretch will lengthen the quadriceps, Psoas, groin, and inner thigh by using the block to cushion the knee while placing pressure on the insertion point of the quad muscles. Pressing the hip forward and down while bending and straightening the leg lengthens against the endpoint using the active resistance to ease tense locked-up quads.
✔️How to do it
– Use two foam yoga blocks on the same side of the body
– Place left hand on the block, wrist under the shoulder.
– Place left knee on the block and lunge deeply forward trying to get the left hip parallel to the floor.
– Get the back thigh on the block at the base of the quad, yet above the knee.
– Bring the right leg forward in a deep lunge.
– Bend and straighten the left leg feeling the tension in the thigh.
– Lean into the left thigh every time you bend the knee.
– Start with ten repetitions and work up to timed holds of up to one minute eventually trying to grab the ankle.
#YogaBlocks #TerriWalsh #ActiveResistance #PersonalTraining #onlinepersonaltrainer #quadricep #quad #thigh #thighstretch #lizardpose #lizardposevariation #hipstretches #hamstring #hamstringstretches #groin #groinstretches
#hipmobility #groinmobility #hamstringmobility #hipflexibility #hamstringflexibility #groinflexibility #innerthigh #fitspo #womenover50 #flexibility #mobility
Who is Terri Walsh?
Terri Walsh is the creator of the Active Resistance Training® Method, and a celebrity Trainer and 35 year veteran of the fitness industry in NYC. She now teaches online and Livestream fitness classes exclusively since her move to Costa Rica in 2014.
Terri was the first Creative Director of Programming at Crunch Fitness and she also headlined five different shows on Crunch Fitness’ ESPN2 including “Washboard Abs” videos. She created the “Yoga Block Workouts” which were featured in Self, Women’s Health, Shape, Crunch Gyms, and many more. Terri is an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor and Nutrition Specialist. She’s been interviewed, quoted, and featured in numerous beauty, fashion, print, and television media over the length of her continuing career.
See HERE for media where Terri Walsh is featured
Terri believes EVERYBody is a work of A.R.T. and that Movement Cures Everything.
Join Our Newsletter
Inside offers, Recipes & Fitness tips every month
For a limited time, join our newsletter to receive our Healthy. Easy. Delicious. Christmas Recipe Pack. FREE! 10 healthy and delicious recipe pdf download.