Yes! As a qualified personal trainer of over 40 years, I can’t stress the importance of weight training if you have osteoporosis and being guided by a professional with experience. Osteoporosis is a medical condition characterized by weakened bones more prone to fractures. Using my A.R.T. Method and under my guidance, exercise is crucial in safely managing osteoporosis. Active resistance training can be considered an osteoporosis reversal program. You will see considerable improvements in your t scores with consistent and supervised strength training.
Hi! I’m Personal Trainer Terri Walsh, creator of the Active Resistance Training® Method, and I’ve been a celebrity Trainer and a 40 year veteran of the fitness industry in NYC. I now exclusively provide online personal training and Livestream fitness classes since moving to Costa Rica in 2014. I have extensive experience training women and men over 50. I understand your lifestyle and needs.
I was the first Creative Director of Programming at Crunch Fitness, and I also headlined five different shows on Crunch Fitness’ ESPN2, including “Washboard Abs” videos. I created the Yoga Block Workouts featured in Self, Women’s Health, Shape, Crunch Gyms, and many more. I’m an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor and Nutrition Specialist. I’ve been interviewed, quoted, or featured in numerous beauty, fashion, print, and television media over the length of my continuing career.
Here’s how I’ll help manage your osteoporosis or osteopenia:
1. Customized Bone Density Exercise Program – I will create a tailored exercise program that considers the specific needs and limitations of someone with osteoporosis. This includes selecting exercises that improve bone density, balance, and overall strength while minimizing the risk of injury.
2. Proper Technique: My A.R.T. Method ensures correct exercise form, which is VITAL for individuals with osteoporosis to prevent fractures. I will teach and supervise proper techniques, reducing the chances of accidents during workouts.
3. Strength Training: Weight-training exercises using my A.R.T. Method can help strengthen bones. I will design safe and effective strength training routines to improve bone density.
4. Balance and Coordination: Osteoporosis increases the risk of falls. I will incorporate balance and coordination exercises into the program to enhance stability and reduce the risk of falls and fractures.
5. Nutrition Guidance: Proper nutrition plays a significant role in bone health. As a certified nutritionist and personal trainer, I will provide basic nutritional advice.
6. Monitoring Progress: Regular assessments and progress tracking are essential. I will monitor improvements, adjust the program as needed, and ensure that the exercises remain safe and effective.
7. Motivation and Accountability: Of course I will provide motivation and accountability! Motivation is essential for any workout and especially for individuals with osteoporosis who may face challenges in staying active.
8. Collaboration with Healthcare Professionals: I can collaborate with your doctors or physical therapists to ensure that exercise programs align with your medical needs and treatment plan.
Working with a personal trainer with experience and knowledge in working with individuals with osteoporosis or similar medical conditions is crucial. I can help you. When you train with me, you’ll get:
Customized One/One Online Personal Training Sessions
Maintaining Energy For Your Lifestyle
Peak-level energy is necessary to keep your lifestyle, business, and thriving family life viable and enjoyable.
Weight Loss & Health Markers
The good life may have been a little too good! It may be time to drop some weight, get your cholesterol under control and get your blood pressure markers where they should be.
Life Events & Family Obligations
International travel, business meetings, kids going off to college, or graduating high school means you need to function on many levels simultaneously. So feeling slow, tired, and worn down is not an option.
Mental Acuity, Performance & Focus
The physical challenge keeps you mentally focused and high-performing. Fitness is necessary to keep your brain sharp and your body finely tuned. You want to approach middle age with more robust vitality.
Online Personal Training via Zoom
Private training sessions via zoom are private, convenient, and customized just for you.
We meet face to face via zoom for hour-long sessions a minimum of 2x/weekly, and you’ll commit to 2 other workouts per week of your choice of activities.
We’ll do a thorough fitness assessment to understand where you are, how you got there, and where you want to go.
We’ll use endurance, flexibility, weight training, kettlebells, mobility, bodyweight, yoga, strength training, and sport-specific movements in varying combinations to get you and keep you healthy, energetic, balanced, flexible, and mobile.
Nutrition, Tracking & Accountability
We’ll work closely on your nutrition. I can work with your existing chef or nutritionist. Customized private training allows us to work in a way that works for you.
We will track results weekly, and you’ll learn how to understand your body’s cues and clues. We will use a fitness tracker to show where, when, and how your workouts are effective or need adjusting. Or maybe you don’t want to track. I’ve been a personal trainer for 35 years, since before these things were available. So I know what to do to track your progress manually.
The point is, custom means just that: CUSTOM.
The minimum required sessions: 20 sessions.
Get Started By Clicking on the Button Below and Filling Out The Consultation Request Form
I’m excited to work with you! I’ll get back to you asap!