Hip, Hamstring, Groin, and Inner Thigh Mobility Exercises
Yoga Block Flexibility For Beginners 5/7
Isolated stretches can increase the flexibility in one muscle while entirely ignoring everything connected to it. Inadvertently adding to an imbalance of mobility and flexibility.
This opens and brings ease and mobility into the hip, hamstring, groin, and inner thigh by using the legs in a coordinated manner to deploy and gently increase the stretch throughout the range of motion ….in the manner that the muscles are used.
How to do it
– Use two foam yoga blocks tipped onto their small ends.
– Stand upright and straddle legs wider than hips. Feet parallel front.
– Hinge forward with the upper body placing hands on the blocks.
– Chest should be parallel to the floor and the back should be flat.
– Bend the right knee and lean right sending the hips backward and keeping the left left leg straight.
– Get the right hamstring parallel to the floor.
– Switch sides and ease the stretch further each time.
– Start with ten repetitions and work up to timed holds of up to one minute.
Who is Terri Walsh?
Terri Walsh is the creator of the Active Resistance Training® Method, and a celebrity Trainer and 35 year veteran of the fitness industry in NYC. She now teaches online and Livestream fitness classes exclusively since her move to Costa Rica in 2014.
Terri was the first Creative Director of Programming at Crunch Fitness and she also headlined five different shows on Crunch Fitness’ ESPN2 including “Washboard Abs” videos. She created the “Yoga Block Workouts” which were featured in Self, Women’s Health, Shape, Crunch Gyms, and many more. Terri is an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor and Nutrition Specialist. She’s been interviewed, quoted, and featured in numerous beauty, fashion, print, and television media over the length of her continuing career.
See HERE for media where Terri Walsh is featured
Terri believes EVERYBody is a work of A.R.T. and that Movement Cures Everything.
Join Our Newsletter
Inside offers, Recipes & Fitness tips every month
For a limited time, join our newsletter to receive our EAT WELL Christmas Recipe Pack. FREE! 10 healthy and delicious recipe pdf download.