How to do a Side Body Stretch – Ribcage/Armpit
Yoga Block Flexibility For Beginners 4/7
This side body stretch for the rib cage will open, and bring ease and mobility to the side body area from the armpit & tricep all the way down to the top of the hip.
Seated in a 45-degree configuration also stretches the outer hip and groin throughout.
How to do it:
– Sit on the floor with legs at two 45 degree angles. One front, one back.
– Stack two or more foam yoga blocks on top of each other next to your front hip.
– Lean laterally placing the entire side of the ribcage on top of the blocks.
– Extend bottom arm forward and reach top arm over the head.
– Remain lateral and push legs into the floor for stability.
– Start with ten repetitions and work up to timed holds of up to one minute. Repeat on the other side.
Who is Terri Walsh?
Terri Walsh is the creator of the Active Resistance Training® Method, and a celebrity Trainer and 35 year veteran of the fitness industry in NYC. She now teaches online and Livestream fitness classes exclusively since her move to Costa Rica in 2014.
Terri was the first Creative Director of Programming at Crunch Fitness and she also headlined five different shows on Crunch Fitness’ ESPN2 including “Washboard Abs” videos. She created the “Yoga Block Workouts” which were featured in Self, Women’s Health, Shape, Crunch Gyms, and many more. Terri is an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor and Nutrition Specialist. She’s been interviewed, quoted, and featured in numerous beauty, fashion, print, and television media over the length of her continuing career.
See HERE for media where Terri Walsh is featured
Terri believes EVERYBody is a work of A.R.T. and that Movement Cures Everything.
Join Our Newsletter
Inside offers, Recipes & Fitness tips every month
For a limited time, join our newsletter to receive our EAT WELL Christmas Recipe Pack. FREE! 10 healthy and delicious recipe pdf download.