This side body stretch for the rib cage will open, and bring ease and mobility to the side body area from the armpit & tricep all the way down to the top of the hip.
Seated in a 45-degree configuration also stretches the outer hip and groin throughout.
How to do it:
– Sit on the floor with legs at two 45 degree angles. One front, one back.
– Stack two or more foam yoga blocks on top of each other next to your front hip.
– Lean laterally placing the entire side of the ribcage on top of the blocks.
– Extend bottom arm forward and reach top arm over the head.
– Remain lateral and push legs into the floor for stability.
– Start with ten repetitions and work up to timed holds of up to one minute. Repeat on the other side.