This Active Resistance Training® lower back stretch exercise will relieve tightness in the lower back by enabling a constant gentle pressure at the top of the glute/bottom of the lower back.
How to do it
– Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat.
– Place the wide edge of a foam yoga block at the very very end of your tailbone and the top of your glutes.
– Hold the block in place with one hand on either side and lift both feet off the floor.
– Keep the knees together and rock side to sideline slowly, continually pulling the navel down.
– Start with ten repetitions and work up to timed holds of up to a full minute or more.