A.R.T. Bi-Level Hip Extension
This A.R.T. Signature hip extension stretches and engages the stable hip by increasing the range of motion required to complete it.
This sequence refines and balances the outer thigh and hip while deeply engaging and lengthening the obliques and back extensors.
Chest, shoulders and triceps are recruited as secondary stabilizers while maintaining the active resistance, making this a full body fire starter!
This sequence can be weighted with ankle weights but start off with just your bodyweight first before adding resistance.
Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions on each side 3-5x week based on your own fitness goals, fitness level and skill level.
1. Use 2 foam yoga blocks.
2. Right hand on block. Left knee on block.
3. Left hand on floor. Right knee on floor.
4. Push down into blocks & floor.
5. Find, engage and maintain the Active Resistance using the four active resistance points: feet, nave, ribs, shoulders.
6. Pull navel up while pushing left knee into block.
7. Extend right leg sideways, level to the right hip and parallel to the floor.
8. Replace knee entirely to the floor and repeat.
Stay tuned as we will reveal the last exercise to add to our “Tight Curves” Sequence!
If you give it a try on this one – tag us & we share ⚡️