This beginner mobility exercise will relieve tension and free up ease in the psoas (front of the hip), lower back, and hamstrings (back of the legs).
✔️How to do the Psoas Stretch in Active Resistance Training®
– Kneel on a foam yoga block with one leg forward – Push down into front heel.
– Lean your chest as far forward as possible, pulling your hips back, and place your hands on another foam yoga block. Keep your chest parallel to the floor.
– Lean back, extending the front leg as far into a straight leg as is possible.
– Then lift the chest and lean forward into bending the front leg, lengthening the back leg so the front of the back hip straightens out.
– Press the back hip toward the floor. Pull the navel back while doing so.
– Rock forward and back trying to push just a little further in each direction each time.
– Start with 10 repetitions and work up to timed sequences of up to a full minute.