This beginner mobility exercise will relieve stress and free up mobility in the waist, and lower back while stabilizing the hips.
✔️How to do it
– Place your right knee on a foam yoga block with left leg forward, left ankle under the left knee. Push down into front heel.
– Hold on to another foam yoga block with both hands just in front of your navel. Elbows fall out to the side.
– Lean your chest forward and gently twist towards the left thigh.
– Try to get your right elbow outside your left thigh and return to the starting position.
– Maintain the active resistance in the right hip by pushing down into the block. Pull the left hip back and press the right hip forward to maintain hip alignment.
– Start with 10 repetitions and work up to timed sequences of up to a full minute.