This upper back mobility exercise will relieve aches, pain and tension unlocking the middle of your upper back with flexion and extension of the thoracic spine.
✔️How to do a Thoracic Flexion/Extension in Active Resistance Training®
– Kneel on a foam yoga block with one leg forward
– Push down into foot and block while squaring off the hips
– Place a foam yoga block behind your head and press your head into the block.
– Contract your abdominal muscles and curl forward, pulling the elbows toward your knee and deeply rounding the upper back
– Unfurl the spine slowly as you extend the spine, open the elbows and tip the chest upward towards the ceiling
– The upper back contracts as you tip the chest upward and the elbows pull toward the side
– Press the bottom hip forward and the front hip backward to maintain stability throughout and engage the active resistance by pushing down into the block and foot
– Start with ten reps daily and add as many repetitions as feels good!