Try this seated hip mobility movement using internal and external rotation with a yoga block to unlock your hips, loosen your lower back and get a great stretch through to the waist.
This seated internal-external hip rotation is essential for hip mobility. Using the yoga block here as a contact point for the active resistance enables a deeper contraction and a deeper stretch as the torso rotates. The block also protects the knee if the knee getting to the ground is too challenging right now.
✔️How to do a Seated Internal & External Hip Rotation in Active Resistance Training®
– Sit upright on the floor with both knees bent and hands just slightly behind you.
– Place a foam yoga block directly between your feet
– Roll the knees to the right, allowing one knee to land on the block and the other on the floor
– Bring one arm around shoulder level as you rotate your upper body to look over your shoulder
– Press the block down and press the floor down with your knees
– Reach as far around as you can, keeping the shoulders level and the spine long
– Take your time and allow the hips to open and warm up, and push into the floor as hard as you can to increase the stretch
– Start with ten reps alternating and add as many repetitions as feels good!