Building on exercise #2 this A.R.T. Signature hip rolls deeply fires up the obliques while stretching and engaging the stable hip by increasing the range of motion required to complete it.
This sequence uses a stretch reflex to engage the obliques and lower back in an alternating cadence to strengthen, lengthen and balance the outer hip and rear waist, creating a corset effect.
You’ll feel zipped up and cinched through the middle with this one!
Chest, shoulders, and triceps are recruited as secondary stabilizers while maintaining the active resistance, making this a full-body fire starter!
This sequence can be weighted with ankle weights but start off with just your bodyweight first before adding resistance.
Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions on each side 3-5x week based on your own fitness goals, fitness level, and skill level.
1. Use 2 foam yoga blocks.
2. Right hand on the floor. Right knee on the block.
3. Left hand on the block. Left knee on the floor. Invert the left knee & turn it inwards.
4. Push down into blocks & floor.
5. Find, engage and maintain the Active Resistance using the four active resistance points: feet, nave, ribs, shoulders.
6. Pull navel up while pushing the right knee into the block. Roll the left hip open.
7. Extend the left knee open and back, keeping the knee bent until you feel the left oblique fully stretch.
8. Replace knee inverted entirely to the floor and repeat.
Ok and now we want to see you all give it a try throughout the upcoming week!
Are you in? Tag us in your vids or IG stories to support and celebrate each other throughout the process! Let’s get those curved popping! ⚡️