This beginner mobility exercise will relieve stress and free up mobility in the psoas (front of the hip), while the flow through the shoulder opens up the chest and upper back.
✔️How to do it
– Line up two foam yoga blocks on your right side on the floor.
– Place your right knee on a foam yoga block with left leg forward, left ankle under the left knee – press the right thigh down and backward. Push down into front heel.
- Try to get the back right thigh parallel to the floor.
– Lean your chest as far forward as possible, and place your right hand on the front foam yoga block. Keep your chest parallel to the floor.
– Lifting the left arm backward, follow the arm around in a big circle, opening the chest to the left. Let your head follow along and gaze at your thumb as the arm travels through the shoulder joint.
– Maintain the active resistance in the right hip pressing down to feel the stretch in the psoas and quadriceps. Maintain this position throughout.
– Start with 10 repetitions and work up to timed sequences of up to a full minute.